Formal Self Introduction Letter (Draft 2)

 Dear Professor Blackstone,


My name is Jae Wong, and I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself as one of your students taking your course in effective communication.


Having completed my studies in electrical engineering at Nanyang Polytechnic, I have an elaborate understanding of what this industry entails. Coupled with the knowledge and experience I have gained from doing my internship and studies, I now have a better idea of what I would like to pursue in the future. I wish to broaden my technical skill set as an engineer, which has led me to furthering my studies in mechanical engineering.


Being confident and open-minded are some of my strengths when it comes to communication. I feel that having confidence assures people of my ability to deliver results and I’m able to put my point across more effectively. Having confidence also allows me to better lead a team. 


While interacting with my peers and participating in numerous discussions, I’ve learnt that having an open mind is important. Empathising and listening to other people’s perspectives allows me to put myself in their position and analyse problems from another standpoint. Listening to different opinions that may challenge my own personal beliefs encourages me to learn more as I have to consider other viewpoints.


As for my weakness, I often find myself having difficulty using the right form of communication. Instead of delivering my message through the most efficient method, I tend to use whichever medium that is most convenient for myself without considering the other person. There are times where meeting in person is more productive, but due to my own laziness, I often resort to just communicating through text or calls. However, I am working on improving myself and trying to be more proactive.


I have been actively working as a live band singer for almost 4 years now which is why I believe that having good communication skills is essential. Being able to connect with my audience plays a huge part in determining the overall atmosphere of the performance, so I wish to be able to develop better body language habits like maintaining eye contact and learn to be more engaging to keep the audience interested. Audience engagement is one of the most important parts of performing. Aside from playing an instrument or singing well, often the first thing that people notice when watching a band or singer perform is how well they interact with the audience. If they are into what the performer is doing, they will then reciprocate with good energy and enjoy the performance much more.

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I am looking forward to the upcoming classes and hope to be able to achieve my objectives through this module.


Sincerely,

Jae Wong


Comments

Popular Posts